Tuesday, June 27, 2017

A Dream of Game of Thrones

I had a dream last night that I am watching the series finale of Game of Thrones. I only remembered the final scene of it: a wedding of Sansa and Tyrion. I didn't see most of the characters in the wedding, but I saw Arya, Bran and Brienne. What struck me most is the lack of visitors: there's only a handful of people. Given that this is a wedding of two persons from two great houses, there should be tons of spectators for the wedding. It looks like the winter laid a heavy toll on the population of Westeros. The setting is different, definitely not King's Landing's Sept.

At first, it didn't make any sense to me since they already had a wedding in season 3 and they definitely didn't stick together, but after contemplating the scene again in my mind, I think it's the best ending the series has to offer. It's poetic in a sense that they opened the show with the feud between the Starks and the Lannisters, and they end it with them joining houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment